Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chuck E Cheese

W had his first trip to Chuck E Cheese. He earned this privilege. The top bunk thing with his thumb didn't last too long. So we devised a new plan. The rule still remains - Suck your thumb and no top bunk. However, we've added a little something. He now has a 5 day sticker chart. Once he fills up the sticker chart, he gets to draw something out of the reward jar. The reward jar is an idea I stole from a friend of mine. Inside are lots of fun things to do that are out of the ordinary or special. I didn't want a lot of costly items b/c I don't want W to get the idea that he gets material things when he achieves something. Ideas in our jar include trip to zoo, movie night with popcorn and sprite, ice cream, a playdate with a friend, going to bike trail with daddy.... (you get the idea). So far the idea is working.



1 comment:

Ballard Family said...

1st trip to Chuck E Cheese???????????