Our first day, we met up with some of my college friends, Patti and Jennifer (aka JC) at the Arboretum. Patti has two little boys ages 4 and 7mo (which I have never seen since they were born!). The Arboretum was beautiful and the boys ran and ran and wore themselves out! We realized very quickly Patti's little boy, G was a lot like my two. And, we also realized whatever W did the others followed for good and bad. After the Aboretum, we picked up S and drove to Patti's house for dinner. You see, Patti and her hubby set me and S up on our very first date. We will forever be grateful to them and for their friendship! It was a wonderful evening spending time with them!
Here's some snapshots from the Arboretum. My two boys with their new friend, G. He is such a cutie!
Me with my friends - Patti and JC. Aren't we cute?? :)
Now, does it look like these two were having fun? Who wouldn't want to climb on a huge frog squirting water??

Here's the boys trying to figure out the best way to try to get in the water.
Here's the three on the big hill. I really think they ran up and down this hill 500 times! Thanks to G for teaching my boys how to army crawl!
On to the second day.... Patti suggested we go to the Children's Museum. I am so glad she did because it was a great place! However, when we drove up to the place and saw about 1500 school buses (field trip day), I almost turned around and left. After a speech to my kids we headed in. Although crowded, my boys did great and had a lot of fun! Here's some things my boys did while there:
W milked a cow

Digging for dinosaur bones
T pretending he's an astronaut building with legos
Playing in the water room
The third day, we drove up to Patti's house to let the boys play while Patti and I caught up on life. The best of friends are those in which you sit down to catch up and you seem to pick up right where you left off feeling like you see them all the time. That's the kinds of friends we are and six other of my college classmates (love you "clique"). I think the boys were having fun - what do you think?

On the way home from our third day of fun.....I didn't know it was possible to wear them out this much!
After our fun in Dallas, we stopped by Texarkana for a quick visit on the farm before heading home. Here's the two cowboys:
Here's all my boys with my Mimi. She's 91 (doesn't she look great!). This was her first time to see C.
2 comments:
What a fun trip! Wish I could have been there to let my boys join in on the boy party! Okay...and so I could join in on the girl party. Glad you guys had a fun time.
Oh such fun! I love the pic of them asleep in the car. So funny. Thanks for making the trip over and making time to hang out with us. Can't wait to do it again.
Post a Comment