Sunday, September 18, 2011

Up, Up and Away - It's Super T's Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated T's birthday with a little SUPERHERO PARTY! It was a lot of fun and I think T enjoyed himself tremendously. We asked all the kiddos to come dressed as their favorite superhero (because you know T loves to dress up!) Here's the crew below. Can you guess which one is the birthday boy?
Yep, you guessed it - BATMAN. All my ideas for the party were found online and I will try to give credit for each. Here was the invitation to the party which I found at here.
This banner was taken from this store on etsy.
We had several planned activites which included a Hero Obstacle Course. Here's Wolverine on the first leg of the course - the tunnel.
Spiderman on another part - all superheros must be able to run fast darting things.
Captain America is practicing his jumping high skills
So is Batman (aka - the birthday boy)
Here's Spiderwoman with her super cool go-go boots leaping over tall buildings.
I also had a coloring activity for the kids. I found paper dolls at Michaels and made capes and masks for them. Then each kid decorated their own superhero. Idea taken from this site.
The final product from one.
We had a villain toss - throwing batarangs at pictures of villains.
Here's Robin wondering what we're looking at.
WonderWoman and Superman hosted the party.
The food table which included Joker Juice, Super Puffs, POPcorn Chicken, and Power Sticks with Dip.
What birthday wouldn't be complete without a superman cake??? Found this super easy idea online - easiest birthday cake to make yet!
All the superheros gathered round to sing happy birthday to Batman
When guests arrived we made superhero capes that I had sewn prior to the event. The kids glued on pieces of felt that were cut into shapes and their initial as well.
I made our only girl attendee her own special hot pink cape! Gotta get my girl fix in there somewhere.
All the superheros with their cute little capes
Off they go to save the day!

1 comment:

Krista McCracken said...

OMG, you should go into business. Seriously, can you throw my kids a party! That has got to be the cutest thing ever. Everything from the invitation to the cake. You rock!