Friday, January 11, 2013

A trip to the Aquarium

Wow, I really meant to post this earlier in the week, but what a week it has been!  Back to routine has been nice but lil bit has been quite the handful this week.  Between trying to get my house back in order and playing "entertainer" to a certain 3 yr old, I've barely had time to myself!  I think C has been so used to his brothers the past two weeks, he didn't know what to do by himself except ask a million times to play on some sort of electronics!  Geez!
Ok, back to what this post is about.  Last week while the kids were still out of school, we decided to take a trip to the aquarium at the Mandalay Bay Casino.  It was a really nice aquarium but really small.  The whole thing took us like 30 minutes to go through.  However it was a nice little outing for us all.  Excuse the quality of the pictures - my phone did not do well in that dark place.
Here's W with the Komodo Dragon.  He was a pretty big reptile!
 C really did like looking at all the fish!
 I just thought this was interesting.  Never seen a starfish stuck to the side of the aquarium glass before.  HA!
 Here's the boys through the tunnel leading to the Shark Reef.
 C loved the jellyfish the most I think.  He kept saying "Ow" when they came up close to the glass.  Guess he knows they won't feel good if you get stung.
 Since the boys have been back at school and I've been the entertainer this week, thank goodness there was good weather!  We had a couple of days in the 60s and I just HAD to get C outside.  We went on a super long bike ride through the neighborhood.  He was thrilled!
 Then we came home and had a picnic lunch outside.  (there was an ulterior motive here - I had cleaned the kitchen earlier that morning and wanted it to stay that way HA!)  But whatever the reason, it was a nice time and we enjoyed it.  This picture reminds me of one when Will was little and we ate outside a lot in our house in KY.  I put his picture below C's so you could see how much they resemble each other at this age!  Not the best look alike photos I have.  I need to find more.  It's amazing how much they resemble each other!!!!




No comments: