My parents came out for an entire week! We haven't seen them in a year (unless you include skype). Last time they came they strictly came to help us move into our house. No sightseeing. So, this trip was all about seeing Las Vegas. So we did what we could. This picture cracks me up. Who would have ever thought these two would be in front of the Vegas sign?!?!? Better yet, who would have ever imagined that I would live here?!?!
The first day of the visit was declared Hoover Dam day. We drove out to see the sight and every time I am amazed at what could be built back in the day in such little time. Why does it take 10 years to build a bridge now??? Anyway, Dad bought a book on the construction of the hoover dam and read that all afternoon and then we found a documentary about the construction of the dam and watched it later that night. My boys probably felt punished having to watch the documentary but they are better for it, right??
Here's dad at the top of the bridge looking back on the dam. Mom stayed in the car with little C due to 1)her fear of heights and 2)she has a torn ACL so we didn't think it good idea to climb all the stairs for this viewpoint.
I took the folks out to the strip one night so they could get their full Vegas experience. We went to the Bellagio and saw the fountains. THat was my first time to see the fountains - fascinating. I think my folks got a little bit of culture shock seeing all the people and the huge fancy casinos. Eye opening experience. Interesting place Vegas is....Then we went off to the Venetian where we enjoyed watching gondola rides, piano music and gelato.
WE took the boys to the new Children's museum one afternoon. They just opened the new one this past spring and we had not been to it yet. It was fun but crowded. Guess that's the place to be on a hot Vegas day....
We went on an early morning excursion to Red Rock Canyon. We went before it got too hot. Sadly we didn't' see the wildlife we had hoped would be out early in the day but nonetheless by parents were taken away by the beauty of the canyon. It really is picturesque. And you really don't feel like you are in Las Vegas one bit.
Another perk to having the grandparents for an extended stay was that S and I got a little time away. We haven't had this chance in a few years so it was nice to get away from all the boys. We went to the M Resort for one night and there I had this pancake the size of my head! I love pancakes but even I, the pancake queen, couldn't finish this one off.
On our last day, we got to celebrate my dad's 69th birthday. We made him some snickerdoodle cupcakes. He said he was old and I told him he still has another year before he's old so live it up. HA!
We had a great visit and the boys loved the extra attention and less attention from mom and dad. HA! They told me the best part was that they had no chores while they were here. Ahhhh....gotta love their honesty. Looking forward to their return in December!








No comments:
Post a Comment