Happy Halloween from the Jones' boys. This year, two of the three wanted to be things that simply could not be bought. So....homemade costumes it was. I love having homemade costumes but boy oh boy are they a lot of work!
First up, W wanted to be a dragon. Luckily we already had wings thanks to Aunt Ashley's gift one year. Next up, I took an old sweatshirt, made scales for the front and spikes down the back. The mask was purchased from a lady off Etsy for $5. We had to cut the sleeves on the sweatshirt bc it was an old sweatshirt that was too little for W. He was happy with the outcome.
Next up....T wanted to be Surge from Lego Hero Factory.
How did we do??? Thank goodness for colored duct tape! HA! We took his bike helmet and added a cardboard mask to it. Then we took a nerf body armor and wrapped it in tape. The leg and arm armor were pieces of cardboard cut into the desired shapes. Once again, a happy kid!
Lastly, this little guy kept changing his mind. He kept saying he wanted to be Mario so I borrowed a costume from a friend. He wore it to the first Halloween event.
After that , he was sold on an old Monster costume I had that T wore a few years ago. One of my personal favorites, so I didn't mind him wanting to wear it instead.
We had another great year of trick or treating. We went around the neighborhood with our friends. This is the rowdy crew. And as usual - too much candy was collected. Now for the willpower to stay out of it!





No comments:
Post a Comment