The day was finally here! W's first day of Kindergarten! It's been a long 4 month summer for us so I was just as anxious for this day to be here as he was.

Yes, we proudly support the Hogs even up here.
Had to include that silly pose (most of my pictures were like this one)
Once we were back on the road, we were on our mission. I had planned a Batman Bash After School Party for us. Kindergarten is only half day and W has the morning K class. He's done by 11am. I know I know....I've already been through all of that but I think this is going to be a good thing after all. At 11, T and I went outside to wait on the bus. Yes, T was dressed up as Batman for the occasion.
Just as we were outside, my phone rang. It was W's teacher. She said there was a mix up and W was not able to ride bus because he wasn't on the list. We took off to the school to pick him up. T still dressed as Batman. When we arrived W was sitting in office with his teacher. He looked at me and said "Mom, they wouldn't let me on the bus because my name wasn't on the list". He wasn't too distraught but we will be riding home on bus by next week! After loading Batman and gang back up into the car, we were headed back to our house to party!Here's the place ready to party. (By the way, we already had the batman cave - I just used for decoration)

And what would a party be without cupcakes?!? Batman cupcakes of course. Now, don't think I am a cake decorator when you see these. Everytime the boys watched something on NickJr, there was a stupid Dora cupcake idea commercial. The one time I watched it she talked about making Dora's hair out of chocolate and letting it harden. (sorry I digress) I thought I could use this idea with the batman logo. I melted chocolate then put in bag and traced batman logo. Put in fridge till it hardened and it came out perfectly.


After the party, we headed off to taekwondo. W is loving it and has been invited to get his first belt in the next couple of weeks. Whew, it's been a busy day. Hopefully tomorrow's school day goes off without all the little inconveniences along the way!


Here's our lunch for the day. The sandwiches were in the closest cookie cutter I had to a bat. Pencil was made from Family Fun website for after school snacks. Of course we had to have an apple to top it off.
The boys loved the cupcakes!

1 comment:
I can't believe he is in Kinder!! the party looks so fun. And I love T's new haircut and he does look like a different boy. hugs!
Post a Comment