Friday, April 22, 2011

Resurrection Eggs - Homemade version

THis week I happened to stumble upon an article I had saved from an old MOPS publication. You can find it here. I had completely forgotten about it. It was how to tell the resurrection story with your preschoolers using eggs and things inside them to represent parts of the story. There is a retail version you can buy of these resurrection eggs, but this was how to do a spontaneous, free, home version of the story. It was a rainy afternoon, so I decided to give it a try with my boys. They really liked it. I made each a set (only to be fair) and then hid them around the house. Each was able to find only 6 eggs. After the hunt, we looked at the numbers on our eggs and if one had duplicate numbers, we swapped with the other. It worked great and they loved opening each one to find out what was inside. May make this a tradition because our kids need to know there is more to Easter than chocolate bunnies and eggs! They need to know why Easter is such a celebration!

Here are my eggs. I couldn't find a thorn so I just printed a picture of one and we talked about how a thorn feels. T was quick to tell me that someone on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse had a thorn in their paw and they had to use tweezers to get it out. HA!


No comments: