I finally did it! I ran a 5K! Sure, I've walked several 5Ks in my life, but I have never wanted nor attempted to run an entire race. Well, about 3 months ago, I decided I needed a challenge. I took up running and I endured my first race - AND finished within 30 minutes! It was a really hilly course but I knew that signing up. I figured "let's just go for the hard one as my first race and all the others will be easy as pie!" My neighbor, and friend, ran with me and we are really good running buddies together (we've only ran once together prior to race). We have the same speed and pushed each other at different times. My fan club was there cheering me on with can shakers and lots of "GO MOM"s. Check two of them out on the sidelines! :)
After the race....
On to other news, there was also another big accomplishment in our family. W got his first book award at the AWANA awards ceremony. I am so proud of him for working hard and getting the entire book complete in spite of the fact he was late getting started with the program. We are already looking forward to next year!
And just had to share this one....C accomplished something too - finishing an entire ice cream treat of his own from Dairy Queen on Mothers Day. Needless to say, he thought it was YUMMY!


2 comments:
Way to go Kim!
His first book award!!!! Wow..makes me sad though..he was our favorite Honeybee!!
Post a Comment