Friday, May 6, 2011

Tea & Teacher Gifts

Yesterday we had a Mother's Day Tea at T's school. It was cute. They had tables all set up nice and pretty with a gift for each mom. Here is T posing with his handmade gift for me. He painted a flower pot and planted some flowers in it. He was so excited to show me there was blue on it (my favorite color)
We took a self portrait b/c he wouldn't smile for the camera when someone else took the picture. So I thought this might be fun and it worked.
This week has also been Teacher Appreciation week for W's school (as most schools). I would have posted this sooner to give some ideas but I was rushing around last night trying to get it all done. All week, they took things each day to the teachers but I wanted to give them a little something extra (not scripted by the school). I found this cute idea on my favorite blog and decided to make it for the teacher assistants. You can find all the instructions here. They turned out really cute and are EASY and CHEAP! I filled mine with m&ms.
As for W's teacher, I found an idea online here and thought it was great! I bought some stamps at Michaels - you know how they put stamps in their $1 bin. I found some great stamps that were 'springy' without screaming Easter for $0.30 each!!! Then I found this star box (since W's school is the stars) for $2.99 plus a 40% off coupon and painted it and decoupaged scrapbook paper on top and bottom. Put all the stamps inside and bought a stamp pad for about $1.50 to put on top and wha-lah - a cute little teacher gift. W's teacher is always stamping their homework so I thought it would be a fun little gift.
*****Hope you took the time to appreciate your child's teacher this week - they certainly deserve it! It doesn't take much time or money to say you appreciate their hard work.*****

Thought I would update you on our little roof top garden. Our "science experiment" is really taking off! The boys are finding it quite exciting.

No comments: