Today was W's first day of first grade. Since Kindergarten is half day here, this meant it was his first day of full day school. He was so excited and couldn't wait to go. And, mommy was equally excited. Don't get me wrong, I love having my boy home but the past few weeks have proven to be a little difficult around here and the boys needed a break from each other. I knew he would do great!

Here he is from Open House with his teacher, Mrs. Norman. She seemed very sweet and W was in love with all the science stuff in her room!

Here's our desk....

If you have been following my blog the past year, you know I like to give teachers a little "happy" whenever I can. The first day is no exception. Got this cute idea from a blog called
Eighteen 25. We gave Mrs. Norman a box of homemade cookies. The tag read "with a teacher like you, I'll be one smart cookie".

Call me a bad momma if you want (ahem - big sis) but W rode the bus on the first day. I drove him last year and they don't let you walk the kids in to their rooms so I figured this year there was no point. W was eager to ride with all his buddies anyway.

While W was at school all day, me and the other boys were busy planning our after school party. Last year, I did a
Batman theme and W remembers it well and asked for batman cupcakes again. I wanted to do something different but it took me forever to think of something. Finally, last night I decided on a STAR theme. W's school are the stars plus I think he's a 1st grade Superstar. But overall, it fit with my theme verse for him I have used the past 3 years from Phillipians. I always tell him to Shine Like a Star.

Here's the party table.

The menu consisted of:
star shaped pizzas (Pillsbury pizza crust cut with star cookie cutter)
alphabet pretzels - that's what's in the cones in the bus
Star cupcakes - regular box cupcakes with a laffy taffy cut out like a star on top
lemonade with star shaped honeydew on a stick sticking out of the glass
These alphabet pretzels were too cute! Here's to a great year with my 1st grade SuperStar!
1 comment:
You are one amazing mama! I sure am going to miss those little "happy's" you sent along. That pic of Will and Lindsey is priceless. He is going to have such a great year! Cheers to first grade!
Post a Comment