Friday, December 23, 2011

December - Where did you go??

Wow - I can't believe I haven't blogged at all in December. This month has FLOWN by! Where did it go?? I know where it went - I'm the room mom for a preschooler and a 1st grader. That's where it went. My time has been spent organizing a class basket for school auction, planning and preparing for two class Christmas parties, crafting, as well as Christmas shopping for the boys from us and the grandparents ! I think I have learned my lesson this year - room mom for one class only next year!
In addition to my kids' classes, I adopted a 1st grade class through my church. Our church has adopted a local elementary school which is mostly hispanic and most of the kids come from low income families. I am a mentor for one teacher and I decided to make her kids a special gift for Christmas. I needed something fairly inexpensive but wasn't junk stuff either. I finally decided on personalized journals! I bought composition notebooks and covered in scrapbook paper. It only costs roughly $1.50 per child. It did take a bit of time but well worth it in the end. Those were the cutest, most appreciative kids ever. Here's what some fo the journals looked like:
I kept with my theme from last year with teacher gifts. Clipboards with giftcards attached. Too easy and they always turn out so cute! Here's two of them:
In W's classroom there are two resource assistants. One was from his class last year so I feel like we know her pretty well. So, I wanted to make them something as well. I made these little initial ornaments with scrapbook paper and ModPodge. Got the idea off Pinterest. Attached a gift card and viola - cute little cheap gift!
And for the neighbors....well they just received some warm gooey yumminess. Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls! That recipe makes a ton!

No comments: