Only two of the above spent the night. Our neighbors, Nadeem and Jesim, went home at bedtime. The others finally went to sleep at 11 when I went downstairs and laid down with them. Here's what we did the entire night.
This was the table setup. The bags are the party favors for our guests. Since it was a small group, I went to Walmart and bought them the angry bird shirts they have on in the above picture.
Then it was pizza time. Some of those boys would eat me out of the house if I had them all the time!
Then we opened a few gifts
On to cake time.... This was my sad attempt at an angry bird cake. The frosting I used was not good for coloring and looked like red oatmeal (that's what T said). Still tasted good though.
Next up was pillow case time. I bought white pillow cases and did iron on transfers of angry bird from space coloring pictures. (you can buy the transfers at Micheals and use any picture you want to iron) Then they used fabric markers for their creation. I wasn't sure if boys would like this but they loved it and it was a nice peaceful 45 min in the house while they worked!
Then we headed downstairs and transformed our weight rack system into a virtual angry bird game. I love being married to a man who can make anything - he rigged up a sweet slingshot!
This was our target. Felt covered styrofoam balls I made to look like pigs.
Then we had a glow stick dance party. Those boys were cracking me up with their moves! Most of them said this was their favorite part. I also had glow in the dark stars on the ceiling for that "angry birds from space" feel. Wish I could have gotten pics but it was too dark. Following dancing, we watched Rio and then it was off to dreamland. The next morning the boys enjoyed a nice sugary breakfast of doughnuts.
Then they played twister. Nothing funnier than watching 6 and 7 yr old boys try to play twister.
It was a great party. W had the best time. I know he will miss this bunch of crazy boys when we move!


1 comment:
Whoa! Mom of the Year award goes to you. Sounds like an awesome party!
Post a Comment