Back in September, I mentioned to you that my best friend Angeline was coming back in town for a little birthday celebration. So this past weekend, we partied it up as only stay at homes can! We left the kids at home with dad and enjoyed kid free time together and went to see THIS LADY!!!!

Here we are all ready for the show. I could only wear one boot due to my foot and ankle brace. So, I found some cheap generic Tom like shoes and wore one on my other foot. It blends in nicely with my ankle brace but I did get some interesting looks from folks.

This was my first Vegas show and it was absolutely AWESOME! She had a great show and picked her most well known hits. I forgot how much I liked here - I knew every word to most every song! Each song took me back in time to when it was popular and it also made me miss my Country music. I haven't listened to country in a while, but it brought the country back in this gal. Such a good show!!
Of course we had our pic taken by random stranger in front of poster. My crutch makes my sweater look really really weird.
On Sunday, we went to the Bellagio because both of us were anxious to see how they decorated the conservatory for Christmas. It did not disappoint. Hope you can get a glimpse of the wow from the pictures. The first is as you walk in.
Center front is a huge rocking horse with gingerbread town around it. The train going through the town had a little "train cam" on it and you could watch video.
Another "let stranger take our pic" in front of the huge Christmas tree.
These next two were my favorite things. The first is a sign made strictly of natural materials. The house is roses, the white is carnations, doors & window shutters are cinnamon sticks, and there's real tree bark and douglas fir for trees. Gorgeous!
The other is the set of polar bears made of all carnations. This one was made of 18,000!!! Wouldn't you hate to have the job of the person who had to count all of them?!After the conservatory, we went to the delicious little chocolate place in the Bellagio and split this fabulous Nutella crepe. Sinful!!!
All in all it was a great weekend! I am exhausted (not as much as my friend who had total jet lag). I love having a friend like here. Just wish she lived closer so we could do this more often. Thanks Angeline (and thanks to her hubby Steve too for insisting she come see the show and take me along!)





No comments:
Post a Comment