Saturday, December 22, 2012

Let the Christmas Break Begin!

Ahhh....finally time for Christmas break.  A time with no plans and no schedules.  Love it.  We are staying put this Christmas and I gotta admit, I'm excited about it.  We have nothing planned and, of course since it's the beginning, it's great.  Ask me next week and it may be a different story.  HA!  
Let me share a little about our last week of school and work before the holiday posts are published.  This is our view for past week:
I guess the desert can be a pretty place after all.  It snowed up in the mountains last week.  We get the pleasure of looking at snow without having to deal with it.  I'm really enjoying that part of living here.

Last weekend, S bought this beauty:
We decided it would be nice to have that second family car again.  So, S decided on a truck for functionality with the house and other activities (he thinks we are going to take up camping - haha - we'll see about that!)

On to teacher gifts.  One nice thing about moving is you can use the same ideas over and over and no one knows.  So....in light of my foot and just the shear fact of being tired of thinking about things, I went with the clipboards for year #3.  They turned out really cute.  I attached an amazon gift card to each (love amazon!)
W's teacher has a pirate themed classroom, so that is why the middle one is 'pirate-y'.  I think it turned out to be my favorite.  Here the back:
I decided to do a little something for all the specials teachers - art, music, library and p.e.  Haven't done that in the past but wanted to know we think about them and appreciate them too.  So, thanks to Pinterest, I made these cute peppermint candy jars.  I had a bunch of frappicino bottles that I had kept (i bought them while we were in temp housing - something I never buy because they are way too expensive in my opinion)

  On Friday, the kids got to wear their pj's to school.  So, S & I figured since they were already in their pj's it would be the perfect night to drive up to the Las Vegas Speedway and see the Glittering Lights display.  It was really done well and LOTS of lights.  The boys had a great time watching the Grinch on the way to and from the speedway. On the way home we stopped by Sonic and got yummy milkshakes to conclude the 'christmas light looking' tradition.
 Here's a few things we saw at the lights.

 Boys appropriately named this one the "time tunnel'
 Also wanted to share with you some projects W brought home the last day of school.  Here's his "ninja-bread" snowglobe.  I think it's awesome.
And he also made us a card.  He was able to choose any cover and he chose the one with the wise men.    Sad to say but I'm surprised they had this option to choose from.  BUT glad they did and happy my child chose it!
 But the inside is what tickled me.  
 Hope the next few days leading to Christmas is stress-free and family fun-filled for all of you!

1 comment:

Teacher Kristy said...

I love will's card! Love your pictures of Christmas in Vegas! Hugs to all! Merry Christmas.