Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's Day.  My boys mean the world to me but honestly there are times when I am just utterly exhausted.  Some days I come unglued, some days I feel like I'm going crazy, some days I feel like I am getting gray hairs by the minute.  But, despite all those bad days, there are plenty of GOOD days.  Overall my boys are good kids and I hope I can raise them to be godly men who love the Lord and want to make a difference.  Mother's Day brings out the best in my boys.  From giving me sweet homemade cards to giving me sweet hugs and kisses without being asked to being obedient all day, these boys were excited to give mommy "her" day.   That's why a mom needs mother's day - to be reminded how appreciated you really are so I will gladly let my boys treat me like a queen on that day.  And who couldn't be happier when your children present you with this....
 I don't know who was more excited - them or me.  It was my fav - an ice cream cake.  Ahhh....they know how to get to mommy.
We didn't do much the whole day.  We stayed home from church because C was yuck with allergies and had some nasty green boogers.  That afternoon we were poolside.  Gotta say I'm so happy we bought a house with a pool!  We had a great relaxing afternoon.  Who wouldn't love to be the mommy of these cute faces!

And it was just truly nice to slow down and enjoy the afternoon and enjoy my kids being kids.  Here's what my summer will look like this year!

Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers.  Also to all you who are hopeful to be a mom one day soon!

No comments: