We have had a really low-key holiday weekend. S was off from Thurs-Sun. On the 4th we just hung out at home. Don't let my pictures fool you. We didn't have that wonderful family day that the pictures suggest we had. Instead we had a lot of crankies in our house. But we made the most of it.
I decided to let the boys have a little fun making their own flag cookies. Back in the day I would have made the dough from scratch. But today, I just bought pillsbury sugar cookies.....
Instant fun regardless.
We had planned to maybe go watch fireworks somewhere but decided to stay home instead (refer to top about crankies). We all gathered on our second story balcony and boy did we get a show. There were some major fireworks going off in the subdivision behind ours. I'm so glad we stayed home because the boys got their excitement and then we could send them directly to bed. Ahhhhh. It's the little things.
And here's the little wreath I made for our front door in honor of the 4th. Of course the idea is from pinterest - here's the site with the tutorial
http://www.landeeseelandeedo.com/2011/06/20-minute-4th-of-july-wreath.html



No comments:
Post a Comment