Last week, S had a business trip in Reno. It was our first week of summer vacation, so we decided to tag along. While in Reno I entertained the kids with the discovery museum and chuck-e-cheese and the a movie.
We celebrated W's actual birthday one night at his fav restaurant and then went to the biggest most interesting sporting goods stores ever - it was called Scheels. They even had a ferris wheel inside the store!
We also attended one of the minor league baseball games one night - the Reno Aces. Complete with hot dogs and cotton candy.
Anyway, there were way too many pictures to post so I'm attaching my shutterfly slide show.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8ActnDFi3ZNGNO
It was absolutely gorgeous and I was never happy to leave the sweltering 112 degrees we were having in Las Vegas that week. HA! I told S he would have a hard time getting me to leave but at the end of the weekend, we indeed had to leave. We took a different direction back and drove through Death Valley. Very interesting. We were in luck that it was only 112 degrees in the valley. The whole trip was just a great experience and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to see more of the West. It's really a neat part of our country.
But I must end this post with our weird and unusual things we saw this week.
We saw these adorable Despicable Me Minion Cupcakes made from twinkies!
There are SO many things wrong with this port-a-potty. Think about it....would you go in one that was on a slant, on wheels AND had a baby pool underneath? I don't think so.
Then in the middle of Death Valley, at an overlook, I am proud to say I used the restroom whose door had a multiple bullet holes. Nice. Poor fella who was stuck in there when the killer let loose.....













No comments:
Post a Comment