Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Ninja Sleepover

T turned 7 this weekend.  To celebrate, he invited a few friends over for a Ninjago Sleepover.  Complete with ninja masks, swords and training.
Here was our invitation
The cake.  I just bought a plain cake from a bakery I had wanted to try.  All I did was add the paper ninja eyes to the top.
I added ninja eyes to balloons for decoration.
 Party favor buckets.  Once again, ninja eyes glued to bucket.  Inside I included a ninja sword, mask/hood, ninja lollipops and some glow sticks.  We also make ninja tshirts for them to take home (see later in post)
 Here's the ninja gang.  Scary bunch huh?!?
 Here's they are in W's ninja training.  They first meditated.... 
 Then they practiced sword skills...
 And of course, strength training with some push ups....
 Present time.
During the night, the "Birthday Ninja" came and surprised T.  THis tradition started a few years ago when I hung a sign in T's room the night before his bday.  He proclaimed it must have been the Birthday Ninja.  Therefore the Ninja must come every year.  This year, his bedroom door was draped with green crepe paper and the eyes made it seem as if it were the green ninja who visited.  
Only one boy spent the night but the other came back the next morning for round 2 of the birthday celebration....DONUTS!
 And more presents.  T wanted to open family gifts on his actual birthday.
  This picture shows you the shirts we made from T's party.  I used the ninja eyes as a stencil.  First the kids stenciled the large yellow area and then once dried they did the black eyes with another stencil.  They turned out so cute!  AND it was easy AND a cheap party favor.  Shirts at Michaels were only $1.99 that week.
 On top of all the birthday fun....T lost his first tooth.  He's a little late in losing teeth.  Dentist says it's because they are tightly packed in his mouth.  I predict the other teeth will start falling out right and left now that one has come out.
 If you had all that fun....wouldn't you be pooped too?!?!  This was T Sunday afternoon after the jam packed fun filled weekend.  I can't get the boy out of the wolverine costume and the new rollerblades!!!  He'll be ready for ice skating for sure this winter!



No comments: