I blinked and it happened.....my baby grew up on me and headed to kindergarten this year.
He was so excited and was ready. So there were no tears from him or me. How could I be sad when I could see the joy and excitement of a 5 yr old who was eager to start school?
Here's my awesome 3rd grader. T got glasses for this school year. He looks great in them and was actually excited about glasses. He had a buddy back in Vegas with glasses so he thought it was fun. Hoping this guy spreads his wings and soars this year!
And my big guy on campus....the big 5th grader. Yikes - one more year of elementary. This is too much for this momma. I really hope W gives his all this year and tries new things and gains confidence in his leadership abilities. I know there's a leader in this kid.
This is more realistic......
Loading the bus. C was sooooo excited to ride the bus.
Being the good mom I am, I met the bus at the school and made sure C got where he needed to be. Look at how grown up he looks in the picture?!?!? Where has time gone?
So, if you've followed along in years past on this blog, you know that I always have a little surprise for my boys on the first day of school. Kinda a little "theme" for the year. This year I was so excited about the one I chose. I decided to do a BEE theme.
I made these adorable little bees out of twinkies and premade fondant (because who has time to make fondant?) Got the idea online from Hungry Happenings
Then I made each of the boys a little booklet of cards. Each has a BEE quality with a verse to correspond. I found those cute paracord bee keychains on Etsy from For The Knot of It. He's awesome. He makes all kinds of things with paracord and he's FAST and CHEAP. The boys have attached these to their backpacks for the year. Hopefully it will remind them of all their BEE qualities to strive for in life.
I also get a little something special for the one kid who has their very first day of school. So, C got a stuffed bee that he has fondly names "zzzzz". He and "zzzz" have become the best of buds the past few days.
My hope for my kids in school is to SHINE like a star. That's what I tell them everyday. I hope their friends and teachers will see Jesus in them and know they are unique and special because of it.
Oh and we can't leave out the teachers. At the end of the week my kiddos will give them their happy for the first week. I went practical this year. Hope it's been a great week!














No comments:
Post a Comment