Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I cannot express how happy I am to finally be in our new house! It was quite an experience with the movers. I, being a control freak, was overwhelmed by the fact that once all the boxes were unloaded from the truck ,the movers started to unpack them. Stuff was everywhere! My parents came down to watch the boys (thank goodness) and I wish they could've stayed a few more days. There are still rooms where piles of stuff lie around. One day it will be a nice organized house.
The boys are adjusting well. I think T is just happy to finally have a real bed to sleep in. He has slept in that pack-n-play for probably half his life. He is also happy to have lots of open space to crawl around. He is a speedster now and is also pulling up on everything he can. W was happy to finally get his bunk beds back. We've been having some real issues with W and his attitude and potty training. He is pitching one fit after another and peeing all over himself. The pee is definitely a behavior issue b/c the boy knows how to go to the potty. However, our routine got back to normal yesterday with S going back to work so I think that will help. We've also been away from any kids W's age since the move to our house. Soccer is out for a couple of weeks and we haven't been to church in a few weeks. That will all change soon. We are having a playdate this week and gearing up for a birthday party next week. We have invited two little friends of his from soccer. I'm glad we felt comfortable enough to have someone over - he remembers so much about his birthday last year.
Hopefully my posts will become a little more regular now. It's just been a hectic two weeks....but a happy kind of hectic!

2 comments:

grace said...

I'm SOOO glad you guys are in your house now. Now it can start to become home down there! And good for you for getting out there and making friends... it is such hard work when you move to a new place, especially with little kiddos! We miss you though :(

Wisener Family said...

Congratulations on your new home!! I am sure you are more than happy to be out of the apartment. The boys look like they are ajusting well. We miss you!!