Saturday, October 8, 2011

Apple Pickin'

This fall, I have made a "bucket list" of things to do. There is so much up here and I don't know if this is our last fall to enjoy them, so we need to try to do as much as possible. One of the things we have wanted to do is enjoy one of the many "u-pick" farms. Since it was apple season, and we all love apples, this seemed like the best time to try it. So, we headed to Winchester to Marker Miller Orchard. I had been told they had some really good tasting apples. It also helped that Winchester is the closest city with a SONIC! Yes, that is truly sad, but we miss our Sonics so bad! I just don't understand why they don't have them around here. And just so you know, we made not one but TWO trips to our fav place. One for a corn dog lunch and the other on our way out of town for happy hour drinks. Mmmmm.
Ok, back to the orchard....we had a great time and now I have more apples than I know what to do with - 1/2 a bushel to be exact! I'm going to be pulling out all my apple recipes in the next week or so I guess. The boys knew exactly what kind they wanted - W wanted green and T wanted yellow. So we picked a wide variety. Great family memories!




Oh and of course we had to take a ride on the cow train. It was about the only thing free to do at the orchard besides the pirate playground. So we let them ride and they thought it was quite fun - even little bit enjoyed and waved every time he passed by.

No comments: