Wednesday, October 12, 2011

T's Fall Field Trip

Today was T's fall field trip with his preschool class. C and I tagged along for the visit. They went to Heritage Farm Museum. Seems like all of T's field trips revolve around a farm but this one was really good and interesting. All month, his class has been studying about apples. This museum does a special presentation all about apples. They even show kids how to make apple cider and the old farm equipment that was used to harvest the apples. Some of the museum was hands on and some was not. All in all a very neat place!
T's class
Here each kid got to throw their apple into the hopper as the speaker chopped them up. This was a newer version of the apple press. They did have an older one on display.
Here's T about to try his cider
I did let C out of the stroller once the presentation was complete and he got to play and explore. Think he liked the tractors! Watch out PawPaw you might have a farm helper one day.
I'll leave you with pictures of the general store. It was an actual general store that was preserved for the museum. Everything inside was for kids to touch and explore. The kids got to play "store" and it was really cool.



1 comment:

Krista McCracken said...

OMG, he is a little will, that adorable little sideways smile, I love it! Next time you all go out to Winchester or GCF, call me!!! I would love to meet you all out there. Hope all is well! hugs