I decided to start potty training C this past week despite me being on crutches. I originally planned to potty train after our initial trip to Legoland. But then came my accident and the trip was postponed. So, after the three weeks of a broken foot, I decided once the boy turned 3, we were gonna give it a try. I mean if I didn't do it now, there would be excuse after excuse. After crutches, well, then it would be the holidays. This just seemed to be the right time since we are home a lot. (WARNING: some pictures may be graphic or unsuitable. So what - it's potty training people)
After trying several methods....
He finally settled on the little frog potty being the best option. HAHA!
This picture was taken by me on the couch. I should win mother of the year for my potty training strategies this year! (sarcasm) However, we started on Thurs and the boy pretty much has it down despite my unconventional method. You see, the picture you see above is him after about an hour of sitting and playing games. I decided it was too hard for me to jump up and run to the potty when/if he needed to go. So, I just loaded him up with liquids and let him do his favorite thing - sit and play video games. He would sit there for like an hour, pee and then we would get up for a while and do it all over again about an hour later. We did this for two days. HA! Now don't judge me! I had to do what worked for me. Anyway, by the weekend he was only sitting for a minute cause he knew what to do. This has been the easiest child for me to potty train!!!! I think in some way, he gets that I am limited and is taking the responsibility upon himself. I mean he's even taking his clothes on and off by himself for goodness sake. God blessed me with this one because if you know me, you know that potty training is what I believe to be THE WORST part of raising a child!Now, I totally expect a setback this weekend. We have Nana and PaPa coming for a visit. Stay tuned....



No comments:
Post a Comment