Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mommy Preschool

You are probably wondering since school started what me and lil' bit have been up to.  Even if you haven't, you're about to find out.  The first week - we played.  We went to a few parks and just enjoyed the time away from the brothers.

 The second week after Labor Day, we decided to start our "Mommy Preschool".  I decided earlier this summer we were not sending C to preschool this year.  THere are several reasons.  He's an older kid for his class having an Oct bday so he still has two years before started Kindergarten.  I haven't found a great preschool here in the affordable range either.  So, the decision was made that we would try preschool at home with me and I have affectionately termed it "mommy preschool".  Poor C - the morning I took this photo I think he thought he was going to real school.  He insisted to wear his backpack to take the brothers to school.
 C really surprised me last week.  He loved the one on one attention with preschool.  AND to my amazement - he loved the crafts!  (he's never been my craft kid - gasp!)  Our first lesson was on the letter L and it centered on Matthew 5:16 - Let your light shine.
I am using material from 1+1+1=1 and from Confessions of a Homeschooler and from my friend at 2Mommies Teaching.  Here's C working on writing.
 Our light craft:

 Our Ladybug craft:
 And here he is working on some counting.  I have presented everything to be like a game because he LOVES games.  He has really had fun and I gotta admit - so have I.  I just hope I can keep it up.

I wish blogger would let me upload a video of C singing our song for the week - This Little Light of Mine.  He was such a ham for the camera and it cracked me up.  You'll just have to trust me on this one - he's having fun.



1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

You are such an awesome Mom! He is lucky to have you doing a fun program with him. Way to go.