I can't believe this guy is 6!! There's something about turning 6. I imagine it's like when a child turns 10. I mean at 6 they are really a kid - there's no kindergarten about them anymore. They are a kid.
We started the day with a nice donut birthday cake. Breakfast of champions right there. T's favorite!
This year T wanted a Rescue Bots birthday. It's like transformers but on more of a preschool level (love it!) Optimus Prime and Bumblebee star in this show. The rest of the bots are rescue vehicles turned autobots. Anyway, there's nothing for that theme so we made up stuff. I went low-key this year. We had a few friends over and just had a big playdate. I have decided simple IS better. There was no worry of how things looked or played out. AND best of all - T had a BLAST!
Here's the crew (including little sister of one friend):
The two grandmas thought alike this year ---- they bought the same exact card!
The cake: I bought a simple round cake at sams and embellished it with the little toy figures found at Target and gumballs around the outside.
I think it pleased this guy
Present time!! T was so careful to read every card that came with each gift. Most kids throw those to the side. Love this picture with his little friend helping him out.
"This was on my list!!!" He must have said that 10 times while opening our gift.
Blowing out some candles. He savored the moment and blew them out one by one. HA!
Happy Birthday T! You have grown to be such a selfLESS, smart, funny kid. We may have our "moments" together but you will always be a big piece of my heart!









No comments:
Post a Comment