Sunday, October 6, 2013

Apples are SO last year

When joining PTA this year as a board member, one of my goals was to try to get our PTA show appreciation to our teachers more than the one week in May.  I know when I taught, our PTA had a teacher snack day in the lounge the first Friday of the month.  You better believe we all high-tailed it to the lounge on those days to grab some yummy homemade goodness.  Well, this past Friday we launched our first teacher appreciation surprise.  I got my inspiration from this post over at Mudpie Studios.  I absolutely loved the corny idea.  I enlisted help from my friend, Tricia, and together we had a blast creating a Banana Surprise.
For a mere $30-40 dollars we were able to create a lot of Friday happiness for our teachers.  Not only were they surprised but they felt appreciated (even if it was just bananas).  And better yet - they got a good friday laugh.  We wrote on every single banana.  We had funny jokes, corny sayings and fun banana facts on each one.  The teachers got a kick out of reading all of them.
 

Stay tuned for next month's teacher surprise.....

No comments: