Sunday, June 22, 2014

W's 9th Birthday

Unbelievable.  It's been 9 yrs since I became a mom!  For the past couple of years I have given W a choice - 1.  Have a party with all your friends or 2. Have one friend spend the night and get $100.  He's a pretty smart kid and has gone with choice #2.   But this year he wanted a party.  So, we invited a few friends over for swimming and hot dogs.  Probably the most laid back birthday party I've ever hosted.   And best of all - a very happy 9 year old!   Here's some shots from the day.

I ordered the cake from Sam's and didn't expect it to be so HUGE.  We had cookie cake for days.  The cupcakes I made.  Thought they were so cute and they were so easy!
  Presents and fun with friends
For party favors we gave away bundles of otter pops. 
 CHEAP and EASY and KIDS LOVE!  Win, Win!

We had his party the weekend before his actual birthday.  Then we celebrated as a family on his actual day.  He got to choose the meal and open his gifts from us.
 His dinner choice consisted of chicken nuggets, onion rings, apples and carrots.  At least this 9 yr old can mix in some healthy....
 My science loving boy....he was thrilled to get a chemistry set and a computer programming book for kids.
 Instead of another huge cake (remember - we're still eating cookie cake), I went to a deli in one of the casinos nearby that sells cake slices.  They make THE BEST cakes!  W requested coconut.  So, one big cake slice for my big 9 yr old!



No comments: