Our little apricot tree in the backyard was filled this year! Personally I think apricots was a weird tree choice for the previous owners (who eats a lot of apricots??). However, it is really fun to have fruit in your very own backyard. This weekend, all the apricots were ripe and ready. So me and the boys got to work picking our fruit.
W and T invented the "Apricot 3000". It's one of those grabber toys. I have to say it was quite the ingenious idea for high spots.
We had to enjoy popsicles after all that work. Look at all those apricots! What in the world does one do with that many apricots?!?!?
I found a few recipes online. One was for Apricot Sorbet from Two Peas and their Pod. This one was actually a winner! We thought it tasted great. See the smiles....
This morning I tried Apricot Muffins from A Chookie Chookie. All I heard was Ewwww. C was the only one who seemed to like it. And honestly, I can't blame them. The muffins tasted fine but I just don't like the thought of apricot muffins. Guess S will be taking a huge bowl to work tomorrow and hopefully get rid of some of these. I'm getting a little tired of apricot foods. HA!




No comments:
Post a Comment