Friday, August 29, 2014

Back to School Teacher Luncheon

This year our new principal asked the PTA to provide lunch for the teachers on one of their work days before school started.  My friend and I who are the gurus of hospitality agreed to handle it.  And we wanted it to be a little more special than just some sub sandwiches.  So, we scoured Pinterest and found some great ideas to make a "working lunch" feel a little more thoughtful and appealing.

First my friend found this image from Bird's Party Blog:

and that started our apple frenzy.
So with that as our inspiration, I volunteered to try to replicate the tree on some black paper.  Here's our backdrop for the food table.
 My friend saw a picture for apple cookies and her mind was set - she was making some.  There was no turning back for her.  She did an awesome job!
Our sign came from  A Blissful Nest Shop.  We also used her cute water bottle labels and cupcake toppers.
Here's the final table decoration.  I think it turned out great and the teachers loved it.




No comments: