Monday, January 19, 2015

Embracing Minnesota and Winter

This is my beautiful backyard.  
I love the beauty of winter.  I've always liked winter.  Moving to MN though was a bit of a scary thought.  However, it hasn't been that bad (but we've also had a mild winter so far).  I'm slowly learning how to drive on ice and snow.  Snow isn't so bad.  Ice, well, that's another story.

There's so much that MN has to offer even in the winter.  We've already decided next winter's goal is to learn to ice skate.  Another thing we would like to learn in ice fishing.  Anyway, we are embracing what MN has to offer in the winter.

Right after Christmas, we got another pretty decent snowfall.  The boys were excited to get outside and use all their snow toys they received for Christmas.

 Mom and Dad couldn't let the kiddos have all the fun.  S and I tried out the snowboards and scooter sleds.  However our old bodies didn't pick it up quite as fast as the young-ens.
 W and T got the chance to build their first MN snowman.  All our snow has been too powdery but with the warm up this past weekend, it made the snow a lot more compatible.  
Today we set out for our first MN winter hike.  It was a balmy 37 out today so we had to get out and explore.  LOL!  We took the trail down to a frozen lake.
This was everyone's first time on a frozen lake.  Pretty cool.
 I wasn't too scared until you push back the snow and see the ice for the lake.  Then it gets a little daunting.....
 Fun little outing.  Makes us excited for what's to come in Spring and Summer when we can get out on more adventures!

No comments: