So this kid turned the Big 5 on Halloween. My baby's a big kid now. C is so cute, so smart, and so mischievous all wrapped up into one. Gotta love a third child (ahem....I was a third so no comments!). We were traveling to our new home this year on his bday. We woke up in Sioux Falls, SD and made our way to MN.
Before we left NV, my good friend Tricia, arranged a private trick or treat night for my boys (what an awesome friend, huh??) and at the end of the evening we and all our friends met at the park for a GLOW PARTY. I decided to tack on a little special birthday party for C that night since I knew we would be traveling on his actual bday. The kids had so much fun running around the park with glow in the dark paraphernalia. C was so sweaty by the end of the night. I hope he remembers how special all those friends were to us. Here's the bday boy with his glow glasses blowing out his big 5 candle:
When the time came for the actual birthday (I mentioned we were traveling, right??), we had to wake up in the hotel room and open the few presents I packed along on our trip.
Nana supplied C with more Mario plushies and a cool mario hat. This kid is crazy about Mario. He can talk for HOURS about it. Don't get him started!
Oh yeah.....it's Halloween too. Whew. I'm tired just writing about this. So, we finally arrived in MN and we got the kids all dressed up for trick or treating. We decided to take them to the Mall of America since we didn't know anyone here. We had a Jedi (W), Wolverine (T) and a Monkey (C) this year.
We got to the mall early (thank goodness bc that place was a madhouse by the time we left). The kids went to several stores and got their treats. Then we celebrated C's bday at the RainForest Cafe (appropriate for a monkey don't ya think??). We had dinner and then ordered C the Volcano cake!
Here's a short video of them singing to him:
I'm so thankful that with the chaos of moving and Halloween, we can still create a meaningful birthday to my little boy. He is a joy! But I still can't believe my baby ain't a baby no more!



.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment