Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

What a great Valentine's day! We celebrated pretty much the whole weekend and it all revolved around food. Here's some of the goodies we devoured this weekend. I made a heart shaped pizza for Friday night's family movie night. I also made whoopie pies for the first time and they were oh so good! I used the recipe I found in Family Fun's magazine. On Saturday we went to our favorite little bakery and bought 1/2 dozen cupcakes. We love Lola's!
This is what I woke up to Monday morning in my kitchen! Yep, S did good this year! He surprised me and I'm still wondering where his secret hiding spot is located.
Next up, W's Valentine Party at school. Me and the room mom planned the whole thing. I hired a babysitter to watch T&C and took off for an hour of fun with the kindergarteners. We had activities like heart shuffleboard, stacking hearts, rose pencils as well as making their valentine bags.
Here's the class listening to instructions (except for W who is looking at me!)
W with his fruit pop. We cut watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew into hearts and put them on popsicle sticks. Kids loved it along with all the other goodies to eat.
W with his two favorite friends, Elliot and Addie(girl) passing out valentines.
Here's what we made for W's teachers. They are those Peppridge Farm Piroutte cookies dipped in chocolate. I think I liked them better this way. I put them in these cute glass vases I got at IKEA for $2 each! What a steal! I took a picture of the before wrap and after wrap. Those flower barrettes were such a cute way to tie it up!
After school, we had a friend over to play and then we got busy creating a valentine scavenger hunt for S once he got home. He leaves so early for work, the kids weren't able to give him his cards before (neither did I) so we created a game for once he got home. The boys picked their hiding spot for their cards and we wrote clues for each one. They were so excited to play with their dad once he got home!
To top the night off, we had heart shaped pancakes with chocolate syrup for dinner! (Shout out to the clique for chocolate syrup!) There was no way I could do it for breakfast before school so we did it for dinner instead. Always good! Hope everyone's Valentine's was a special day to remind those you love that you do indeed LOVE them!

No comments: