This week W participated in the McGruff safety camp every afternoon. The sheriff's dept in our county sponsors it every summer. It's free and it's first come first serve to get in. Luckily my neighbor was on top of things and got the application the first day they were available so W could get in. It's only for kids entering Kindergarten or entering 1st grade. It was conducted by local police officers and firemen. They learn things like fire safety, stranger danger, bicycle safety (where they actually got to take their bikes one day), 911, gun safety and poisons. It was a GREAT camp!! I think W enjoyed it and really learned some valuable information.
W with his team. There were four teams - green, yellow, red and blue with about 15 kids each.
W with "Sparky" the fire dog.
McGruff celebrated his 30th birthday this week while W was at camp. WOW! It is hard to believe I was probably in the first kindergarten class McGruff crime dog debuted. I feel old.

No comments:
Post a Comment