Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mid-January

I'm a little behind on blogging. I've had a hard time trying to get back into routine. I love routine but getting back into it has been a little slow on my part. So, I'll try to catch you up on what's been going on these past couple weeks. C loves his new hat Aunt Rhonda gave him for Christmas. This picture just makes me smile! :)
We've had some relatively mild weather for January. One day we took a bike ride. Since T now knows how to ride a real bike, we have passed down the balance bike to C. He thinks he is somethin' on it! He LOVES it! He feels like one of the big boys on that bike and he's really good at it already. S and I are already betting how early this one will learn to ride a real bike with no training wheels.
T thought he was something since he was the fast one on this trip. Usually W has the lead.
T has been enjoying an enrichment program at his school this month called lunch bunch. Every Friday in Jan he gets to stay at school till 2:00. It's a win-win don't ya think?? Although little bit seems to miss him on those days. In this picture T is showing off an igloo they made during lunch bunch (it's a winter theme month). If you think I took this picture on the same day as the bike ride - nope. T wants to wear his Razorback hoodie practically everyday!
Well, since T is in lunch bunch till 2 on Fridays, guess who doesn't get a nap. This is what happened when we had our weekly "Friday night pizza night in the living room". He was exhausted. But the little booger still got up before the crack of dawn the next day. He is something else!
I have been crafty these past few weeks. Some of you know, but we do a cash system around here (Dave Ramsey system). Every year I have to make new paper envelopes to hold our cash for the different categories. Paper envelopes just don't last long. Well I found this idea on Pinterest and knew I had to try it. I made my own money envelopes out of fabric. They turned out cute! I printed the labels straight onto the gray fabric and then used wonder under to stick them on. Perfect!
And finally, I just had to add this. My grandmother, Mimi, turned 93 yrs old on the 14th. This is the last picture I have of her and my kids (since we don't go home much this is over a year and half old) We keep telling her she's gonna live long enough to hear Willard Scott say her name. HA! Wish I could have been there to celebrate with her.

1 comment:

Madonna said...

Love your fabric envelopes. We use the same system, although we used an accordion type organizer. Yours is way cuter!