Wow, where do I even start with this post. I can't believe my little boy has finished 1st grade. It's been a GREAT year and W has grown so much in each and every aspect of life. I'm one proud momma of this boy. He is above grade level in all areas and is really turning into a little man.
I was one busy lady this week with his party and teacher gifts. I was room mom this year and this was a crazy, crazy week. S was gone house hunting in Las Vegas this week and I had C and T all day since T is out of school. On top of trying to clean out for our move, I was trying to get all the party stuff done. Let's just say, little moving stuff got done. BUT we had a successful party and we really showed our teachers how much we appreciate what they have done all year!
We absolutely loved our teacher Mrs. Norman. If you didn't know she was W's teacher, you would think she was his mom, huh???
Here's our class gift to Mrs. Norman. I got the idea from Pinterest at A Boy, His Sister and I decoupaged pictures of the kids onto a pot. Turned out SO SO CUTE!!! Just printed pics on regular printer paper so it's cheap and easy! Attached an Amazon Gift card and made it a perfect gift!
This is what W gave the aides in his class. They deserve a little end of year happy too!
This was W's gift to his teachers. An insulated tote from thirty one with a smore's kit.
The neighbors and I all pitched in and gave our fabulous bus driver a small gift. This cute little tote had a Target gift card and a smore's kit.
This was really the only picture I got of W at the party. I was too busy running the show.
At the party, I did create a slideshow for the class. I did this last year and they loved it so I did it again. It was so much fun to watch these kids sing Dynamite while their pictures played on the screen. SO CUTE!! If you have 7 min handy......
The party was actually the day before the last day. So, here's what we did today for the last day of 1st grade. First I made a special lunch note for my big kid.
Then, after school our neighbors planned a secret water gun ambush for the afternoon bus. It was so much fun soaking these kids when they got off the bus. They loved it.
Here they come....
Ready, set, GO!!!
Here comes W off the bus - he was last so he knew what was happening
That's ok, we chased him down!
Ready for action, Mom!
Mom had just as much fun!
After the ambush we headed to our square for an ice cream celebration. I planned a big fun celebration for our bus stop kids. We had ice cream with tons of unhealthy toppings.
While waiting, we caught the Chase Twins sneaking in some treats.
Here's our crew!
Let summer officially begin!!!! We sure are going to miss this group of kids!!





No comments:
Post a Comment