I just realized I never blogged about our week last week. Sorry grandmas. I've been so busy entertaining the boys I forgot. I rarely get computer time these days because we are either out somewhere or they are watching the computer in the afternoon because there are no good cartoon channels in this hotel. But I digress.....
The older boys had an amazing time at a local VBS here last week.
Some friends of ours told us about a church here and it just so happened their vbs week was later than most. I signed them up and it was a much needed break for me and for them! They loved it! T talked about it all day long everyday last week. When asked what church they wanted to go to on Sunday, they both quickly responded with this church.
So, you're probably wondering what little bit and I did all week? Well, we shopped a lot! And then when I was shopped out, I took him to an indoor playground close to our hotel. It was really fun. It was like a giant indoor jungle gym with tunnels, slides and more.
I don't think he had a good time, do you?? HA!
Another day, I took him to a sprinkler park nearby. He LOVED all the attention. Gave me a little taste as to what my day will be like once school starts. What will I do with just one???
We have eaten out A LOT! I'm getting a little sick of it. I've never been so ready to go back to cooking and cleaning (ok well maybe more cooking)
This week, T is in a swim lesson. I met a mom at a park one day near our new house. She was so nice and we exchanged emails. She told me about a friend of hers that teaches swimming in her backyard near our house. I emailed the lady and got T in her last class of the summer. One it gives us something to do, two it will help build his confidence since our new house has a pool, and three it gives me an idea of where to take C next year. We are on day 2 and I am thoroughly impressed! Definitely a great find! He's having a blast and learning so much. He jumped off and swam to steps by himself at the end of day one.And, of course we are enjoying park after park. I think I will be the Las Vegas Park Connoisseur once this temporary housing is over. We are the only crazy ones out in the heat most days. Locals think its way too hot right now. Us, well, we think it's hot but bearable for sure!
That's it for now. On the final countdown of two weeks before closing!!!! I can't express how elated I will be when we finally get in our house and have all our stuff handy again and I can sleep in my own bed!








1 comment:
It sounds like you all are making the most of temp. housing!! You are so good to get them out and active!! Hugs to you all, love reading your posts!
Post a Comment