Thursday, May 22, 2014

W the Bear Scout

This week, it was W's turn in cub scout to be awarded his badge for the year.  He has now officially completed his bear badge.  As with T, the ceremony included drawing symbols on their faces.  Couldn't tell you what they mean (because I don't remember) but they all mean something.

 As well as his bear badge, W also received his Whittling Chip badge.  This is a HUGE deal to a 9 yr old boy.  He has now been deemed responsible to carry a pocket knife.  HA!  He had to go through a course and learn to use a knife on a bar of soap.  Before receiving their badge, they had to repeat the promise for carrying pocket knives.


At this pack meeting, W's group was also in charge of the flag ceremony.  This is the opening and closing of the meetings.  W carried the cub scout flag at the close.

As busy as cub scouts keeps us, I'm really glad my boys did it this year.  I can see how it teaches them so much about life in general.  I hope to keep them involved with this organization.

No comments: