Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Home Sweet Home

It's been one week since we moved into our new house.  It was a LONG wait but so worth it!  As I am unpacking, I'm realizing we have way too much stuff.  After a summer of living without all of our things, it makes me wonder what is really necessary to keep. :)
Here we are our last morning in the hotel taking our last load to the car.  So long Homewood Suites!
One of the first things we did to the new house was get new carpet.  Theirs was old and torn up from pets.  There's just something about laying in the middle of the floor with new carpet!
Look what came one day while the boys were at school....our stuff.  I have never been happier to finally get my bed back.  Those hotels beds just don't cut it.  And the boys, well, it was like Christmas all over again when they started pulling out all their toys they haven't seen all summer.
Look who also came out to help.  We are so thankful for Nanny and PawPaw taking the time to help us with kiddos and projects as we deal with movers and unpacking.
 The boys (and us) are enjoying the backyard so much!  I wasn't sure about the whole pool thing with small kids but we are loving it!  It is so much easier to step out our back door than to pack up everything and everybody and head to the pool.  We have also enjoyed many dinners on our patio.  I can begin to see what life will be like for us here in Las Vegas.  Stay tuned....more house pics to come once I can actually see the floor!
 


1 comment:

The Bunker Family said...

I'm so happy for you that you're finally in your new house! It looks great...good luck getting unpacked and settled.