Not only was last week T's birthday, but I also had a First Matey in the house. W was selected to be student of the week. His teacher has a pirate themed classroom so she titles it "First Mate". I was so proud of W because, unlike his old school where they chose student of the week alphabetically, this teacher chooses her First Mate by behavior. W was the second First Mate chosen for the year. A momma couldn't be prouder. The first mate gets to do all kinds of special things like sit in a special desk, be line leader all week, sit in a bean bag during reading time and help the teacher whenever she needs it. On Friday they get to bring in something for show and tell and all the students write letters to them saying nice things about them. W had to do a poster all about himself so we went all out with the pirate theme. I burned the paper around the edges and all!
Along with show and tell on Friday, the First Mate is able to bring in a treat to share with the class. Once again, thanks to Pinterest, we went with the pirate theme. This was a fun week for W and of course I had fun planning all the fun pirate-y stuff!

No comments:
Post a Comment