Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School

Boy oh boy am I behind on blogging.  Not only did the kids start school last week but we closed on our house the same day and moved in immediately.  Needless to say, the first week was hectic!  This year both W and T go to school full day.  Yep - even T goes full day.  When we moved I just assumed he would be half day because their full day programs are always full with long wait lists.  But when I registered them for their new school, they had an opening.  In my gut I just knew T was ready even though he has a super late birthday and is still 4 on his first few weeks of school.  So far so good.  He loves Kindergarten!  He comes home with all kinds of stories.  Poor kid saves up all his talking for when he gets home because I know he doesn't open his mouth at school.  HA!  But he can tell me every kid, teacher and thing they learned that day.  He may be quiet, but like his daddy, he is soaking it all in.  
W is enjoying 2nd grade so far.  He kept saying he liked his old school better but mostly because he didn't know anything about this school.  He is slowly liking this school.  It makes a momma happy when she asks the question "how was your day" and the answer is "awesome!".   
Here's my kiddos on meet the teacher day by their new school sign.

 Had to take this picture in the hotel lobby.  Who else has first day of school pictures in a hotel??  I had to keep it real.
 My big 2nd grader
 My superstar Kindergartener
 To keep with tradition,  I like to have a little family party when they get home from school.  In the past I've done a batman theme and a star theme.  This year there just wasn't the time since we were moving in our house.  But the main celebration consisted of just coming to our house after school instead of the hotel.  I chose a similar theme to last year and went with a sun - LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE!  I want to keep instilling in my boys that they must be a light shining in this dark world.  If they are shining with their actions and their words, people will notice!
And for a special treat they each got a new skylander.  They have been such troopers all summer with the adjustment to moving across country.  Love these boys!

No comments: