Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Cool New Ride

This past Friday I finally gave in and found the "knee walker" my doctor had given me a prescription for.  He claimed it would be a lifesaver for me.  I finally found a medical supply place that had one and took my insurance.  And that Doc was right - this is the most awesome thing ever!  It is so geriatric but yet so amazing at the same time.  I have a new found freedom.  This just allows me to go run errands, work around the kitchen and overall give my boys a run for their money on their scooters.  It's just plain fun!  Anyway, I am doing much better since receiving it.  I am overall happier and I have a plan layed out for the next 6 weeks or so.  I have hired someone to clean my house once a week (that saved my sanity) and I have created chore charts for my kids.  I'll post more about that later.  All in all I'm trying to make the most out of this situation.  I go back on Mon (29th) to find out if it's healing on it's own or if surgery is in my very near future.  Pray for healing!
So, here's what we have been up to since my unfortunate accident.  S took the boys hiking one day to get some energy out.  I think that's the first time I have been alone in my house since C has been born!

W finally lost his front tooth.  He's got 3 more up top ready to come out.  He'll be singing that "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" song soon.
C and I have found some activities we can do even though I can't move around much.  We have LOTS of backyard time.  A luxury I didn't have in VA.
 I took him to storytime at the library.  He seemed to enjoy that.  Here he is with the scarves.
 Here's what he did with the scarf.
 We have hit a new park.  It was a great place with plenty of benches for me to sit with my leg propped up.  I clearly heard C tell this little boy "My name is Chase".  He's getting better with his talking. 
 And we have done some crafts together.  He is so proud of all the things he makes. 

So even though I have it rough right now, I'm seeing the benefits of just being still and enjoying my kiddos a little bit more than I have lately.  And I have THE BEST helpers a momma could ask for!!!

No comments: