Sunday, October 7, 2012

Top Secret Code

I just had to share this little story.  I gave W a copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  This was no ordinary copy - it was mine when I was a kid.  Embarrassed to say but this book has to be at least 30 yrs old!  Yellow pages and all.  Anyway, inside W found this piece of paper folded up.
 Apparently I had a secret code when I was a kid.  W thought this was pretty cool and kept it inside the book and I would see him occassionally take it out and study it.
Last week, W made a mailbox for his room door before school one day.  He told me to just put his mail in there while he was gone.  I decided to send him a little note.  BUT, I took out the code and wrote the note in code.  He came home, checked his mailbox and asked "what's this?".  I said it looked like a secret code, so he immediately took off to his room and found the sheet to decode his note.  GREAT MEMORIES!

No comments: