Monday, October 1, 2012

Good friends are hard to find

Last week one of my very close friends came to visit.  Her husband had a conference here so she tagged along (that may be one benefit to living here - lots of conferences for folks to give excuse to come visit!!).  She and I had the best time.  I have forgotten what it was like just to hang out with someone and enjoy the time. It's been 4 1/2 years since I have seen Angeline but you wouldn't have known it.  We picked up right where we left off.  We have talked so much through the years, it was like I just saw her yesterday even though I hadn't.   So, while the boys were in school, Angeline, C and I played all day and did some really touristy type things in Las Vegas.
One day we went to the outlets and had a much needed, coveted Starbucks drink!
We also toured the strip.  Here we are in front of Ceasar's palace.  Don't worry, C was safe in the stroller to the side :)

Another day we went for brunch at the famous Serendipity (in New York). Yep there's one here too.
After our brunch we shared one of their famous frozen hot chocolates.  It was sinfully delicious!
We mostly just hung out and walked through all the different hotels.  It was neat to see each one and how they were setup and decorated.  We toured Ceasars Palace, the Aria (where she stayed), New York New York,  and The Monte Carlo.  I would have loved to have gone to the Venetian but it was a little too far from where we were.  Our favorite of the day had to be the Bellagio.  I loved how it felt inside.  Very posh and boutique-y feeling (is that a word??).  Anyway, they had a room called The Conservatory and they decorate for each season.  Here is just a small glance at what we saw.  There was so much more.  Below is not only a huge tree but a talking one at that!  Totally cool.

More autumn decor with mums and pumpkins.  Definitely got me in the fall mood even though it doesn't feel like fall here.
And lastly, we were walking out of a door and Angeline's eyes got as big as saucers as she told me to turn around.  So I turned around and on the wall was this.
Angeline has always been a huge fan of hers and Dec 1st is her birthday.  When her husband Steve found out about this, he insisted she come back for the show as a little birthday getaway.  So, Dec 8th she's coming back and we are going to see Shania!!  I can't wait!
Best week in Vegas so far!  Thanks Johnsons!

No comments: