Saturday, June 22, 2013

Eight Already???

My oldest turned eight on June 11th.  Hard to believe I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years.  I just knew this year W would want a party (since we have a pool at our new house).  But nope, he wanted the same deal as last year - have a friend spend the night and get $100.  Smart kid!  So.....we had his buddy B spend the night.  B was in his class at school and also on his baseball team.  It wasn't until baseball that they really started to "hang out" more and  become friends.  I like this kid.  He is a lot opposite of W but I think both of them really like the differences and hope to gain some of those qualities from the other.
We spent a lot of time at the pool - they swam that night during dinner and again first thing at 9am.
 This was what they did the majority of the time in the pool.  
 W wanted a chocolate cake with vanilla frosting so I just made one instead of spending a bunch of money on a store bought cake.
And even though we give him money to have a sleepover, we also get him a few gifts.  (I mean you would get your child gifts even if you threw him a large birthday party, right?  I'm still saving money here folks.) Here he is opening up the one from T - not sure who was more excited - T or W.  HA!  
 These two crazy boys.  Hope to see a lot more of B at our house in the future.

No comments: